Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Milestone Weekend

Another milestone of my senior year has come to pass.

That Fashion Show was quite a party, I tell ya. I had a grand old time dancing and singing and running up and down that runway, and I think my classmates has a pretty swell time as well. I'll be honest - I'm going to miss singing "The Chain," and I'm going to miss Wawa runs between practices, and I might even miss slipping around on the hardwood floor of the dance studio where we practiced.

I have some great memories from Fashion Show. Not only do I have choreographed dances to "Time Warp" and "Mambo #5" in my back pocket should the need ever arise, but I also have a great sense of camaraderie and friendship with those folks I spent so many hours with. You can't fall flat on your bum in front of a lot of people without becoming their friend. As the saying goes, the family that dances together stays together (I think).

And yet another landmark occasion came and went this morning: during first period, the seniors celebrated 112 days until graduation (though I have been informed that there are only - gasp - 106 days until that dreaded hour). It was fun to gather in the cafeteria, eat doughnuts, dance, and catch up. But in a way, it was kind of bittersweet. It's a reminder of the impending end of my high school career, a part of my life that I have loved and do love so dearly. It's a little scary to think that in less than 106 days, I'll be officially done with high school, I'll know where I'm going to college, and I will have gathered with all of my classmates together for the last time.

But now is certainly not the time to think about that. There's plenty ahead of me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment