Monday, September 19, 2011

First Day, Take 2

Never in my entire life have I been happier to get back to school.

My family and I did a little victory dance when we learned today that the teachers' strike was officially and finally over. It wasn't just a jig of relief (no more days to make up!) or a tango to celebrate the end of a fortnight of utter boredom (I tell you, I went through my entire DVD library and Netflix instant queue in about a week). I'm really glad the teachers and the Archdiocese reached an agreement.

Though I'll probably want to kick myself for saying this when I wake up at 6:00 AM tomorrow, I'm genuinely excited to get back to school. I want to see my friends and teachers, go to club meetings, get my college stuff ready to go, and even wear my uniform. Strangely, I find myself yearning for the routine of school after three full months of unstructured time.

Though I know senior year is going to be a different animal entirely, I can't wait to meet it head-on. And it seems like I'm finally on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment