Tuesday, January 24, 2012

School, School, and More School

It's been a bit since I've had time to update this humble blog. Hello, internet!

I've been swamped by two weeks of exams and end-of-semester projects, 8th Grade Visitation Day, and a college visit!

I like school and all, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I like taking exams. As much as I study and study, it's still a bit nerve-wracking to know that I need to re-cram a semester's worth of material (for several subjects!) into my brain in a very short amount of time. That said, my exams went pretty well, all things considered. I'm especially proud to say that I aced my AP Calculus exam with flying colors.

8th Grade Day was quite a treat. While most O'Hara students had a day off last Thursday, I and many others reported to school to show some lucky 8th graders how great O'Hara is. Some folks gave tours, some worked booths at an activities fair, and some manned stations representing our sports teams. I and a few other members of my Media Production class armed ourselves with cameras and MacBooks to shoot and produce a video of the day's events. After filming, I quick-changed into my bright orange Footloose t-shirt to perform the Footloose finale one final time for the 8th graders. A few people talked about activities, and then all the O'Hara students gathered on the stage to sing the alma mater. It was a lovely day.

As for the aforementioned college visit, I hopped on up to Boston on Saturday morning (after numerous meteorological delays) to attend Admitted Eagle Day at Boston College. I was thrilled to get back to one of my favorite cities to visit, and I loved BC! It has a beautiful campus, a fantastic academic record, and some really swell students. Hopefully I'll have a few more admitted students' days to attend in the next few months...and then comes the time for the big decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment