Sunday, May 13, 2012

Senior Prom!

Here is an abbreviated list of things that one cannot do well while wearing acrylic nail tips: one cannot button shirts, zip zippers, scratch itches, pick up small, thin objects like bobby pins, braid hair, flip the volume switch on the iPhone, open lobster clasps, or put one's fingers remotely close to one's eyes. I now know from experience, because I got acrylic nail tips for my senior prom. I mean, sure, my nails looked quite spiffy, but I haven't been able to use my fingers in any delicate capacity since Wednesday. When I complained to my brother about this, he reminded me that "beauty is pain." Wise fool, indeed.

But despite the acrylic nails (and the teetering high heels, and the necklace that was kind of chokey, and the 57 - I counted - bobby pins used to hold my elaborate hairdo in place), I had a blast at prom!  I got to wear a very pretty dress, and I got  gorgeous flowers from my good friend and prom date, Jim, and I  hung out with my friends, and I danced even though I have two left feet, and there was an ice cream bar! Major thumbs-up to the O'Hara faculty, the senior prom committee, and the Drexelbrook for making it a night to remember fondly.

Me, pre-prom
On another subject, today is, obviously, Mother's Day. There's not really much to say except that I have the best mom ever and I'm glad to celebrate her today! (Safe to say that hosting 40 people for a "picture party" before prom wouldn't have happened without her. Of course, that's not the only reason I like her. She's a really good cook, too.) So, happy Mother's Day! Especially to my mom!

Oh, and one last thing. This is a shout-out to my wonderful, awesome, crazily smart friend Caitlin, because she wanted one! Hey, Caitlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment