Friday, May 25, 2012

The Dome Away from Home

It is with great pride (and almost uncontrollable excitement) that I can announce to you, dear reader, the result of many months of researching, writing, checking and double-checking, mailman-hunting, and general hard work: my college decision.

I am thrilled to tell you that I will be attending the University of Notre Dame in the fall! GO IRISH!

I am confident that joining the ranks of the Fighting Irish is going to prove to be one of my best decisions ever. I'm so happy to continue my education at a school with such a rich feeling of tradition, scholarship, and community. Not many people can say that they're going to their dream school, and I count myself incredibly fortunate in that regard.

On a rather humorous note, I'm already handsomely outfitted with a variety of t-shirts, sweatshirts, and sweatpants from the Hammes Bookstore, but just for good measure, various members of my family have gifted me with car magnets, flags, flip-flops, and socks. Were I to layer all the Notre Dame clothes I have (and keep in mind I haven't even started there yet) I would be wearing approximately nine layers.

I can't wait to arrive in South Bend, Indiana in....approximately 81 days! I'm looking forward to a few weeks of summer vacation, but beyond that I'm jazzed for football weekends, trips to the Grotto, walking around St. Mary's Lake and St. Joseph's Lake, trudging through the snow to class, studying in the Hesburgh Library, chilling out in LaFortune Student Center, and just living life as a Notre Dame student.

My future home
I would love to continue my blogging at Notre Dame as a Delco emissary (if you will have me, Mr. Heron). But! In the meantime, I still have 12 days of high school to finish and plenty of other exciting stuff in the meantime! Stay tuned, folks.

1 comment: