Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let the Games Begin

It began today.

The season of incredibly specific details, constant Shakespeare reading, buzzers, art history textbooks the size of paving stones, 15-second timers, Southeast Asian geography, and the Quizmaster.

A veritable Delco tradition, the 64th season of Delco Hi-Q began today with practice rounds at Springfield High School. It paved the way for the many matches in the months to come. (O'Hara will participate in three, so look for updates!)

This year is my second as a member of O'Hara's Hi-Q team. I finally found an outlet for my collection of random knowledge. (Also, I never complain about a get out of class free card.) It's what I like to do for kicks: study art history and geography on top of my already comprehensive workload.

Really, though, Hi-Q is a great organization and a great tradition. I really appreciate the celebration of academic achievement, hospitality, and sportsmanship.

Stay tuned for updates on the Lions' Hi-Q season - for sure, it will be quite exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment