Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lunch with Mom and an Important Letter

It was a very exciting weekend.

On Saturday, I got to spend some quality time with my mom at O'Hara's annual Mother-Daughter Luncheon at the Drexelbrook. Funny story about the Mother-Daughter Luncheon: my grandmother is a member of the Springfield Lioness Club, which always hosts its annual fashion show on the same date and at the same time as the Mother-Daughter Luncheon. I have attended the fashion show each year, always noting that in three years, then two years, then just one year, I'd be skipping it to attend the Mother-Daughter Luncheon. It was pretty weird (but pretty great) to actually go to the Luncheon this year after seeing it for so long.

My mom and I

Needless to say, it was a lovely occasion for all and a nice memory to share with my mom!

In other exciting news, I received my first official college acceptance! Yes, I have been accepted to Temple University as a journalism major, with a scholarship! Yay! After writing essays and filling out applications and requesting transcripts, it's a bit surreal to hold the piece of paper that says, "Congratulations! You're in!" As more letters (hopefully letters of acceptance) arrive in the next month or so, I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Last but certainly not least, I finished off my weekend with show rehearsal. My excitement for O'Hara's production of Footloose increases exponentially with each day! It's going to be a really fun (and funny) show so come on out and enjoy it! Prepare for major plugging in the next two weeks, because Footloose opens on the St. John Vianney Hall stage next Friday, November 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment