Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Graduate Diaries

Well, it's all over. I'm officially an alumna of Cardinal O'Hara High School.

Last night I celebrated my Baccalaureate Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul (and jumped in the fountain afterwards, see below), and today, I had Commencement Exercises at Villanova University.

Words cannot describe the weirdness of it all. For a while, I said to myself, I'm ready. I've done all I wanted to with high school. I'm ready to move on to bigger things. I'm ready for college. Heck, I can't wait for summer vacation.  But suddenly, now that high school is a memory, I think, Wait, no! I'd like more time, please! Of course, as these things go, I won't get more time.

I wore the cap and gown, I got the diploma, I sang the alma mater for the last time. I walked into the Pavilion as a high schooler, and I left as a high school graduate. It's true that today is probably the last time that I will see some of my classmates, and that's sad. I wish we had more time to know each other. But the bright side is this: I am certain that those people who mean so much to me - friends and teachers and acquaintances - are people that I will meet again.

I'll need some time to sort out all the memories and emotions and experiences of the last few days. I want to think everything over carefully before I write my last love letter to O'Hara.  I want to do the place - and, most of all, the people - justice.

In the meantime, I have plenty going for me. I leave for Disney World (AHHH YAY!!!) in 3 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes, and 11 seconds at the time of this writing. And beyond that, I have two months to relax, read some good books, and rest my mind before Notre Dame. I plan to enjoy every square inch of summer vacation. I figure it's the best way to honor my hard work for the past four years, you know.

L-R, Christina, me, Caitlin, Fiona, and Jen. Best friends
splashing around in the Swann Memorial Fountain!
In other news, today I had the honor of being a guest blogger on Ms. Mary Ann Fiebert's awesome blog, Delco Daily Top 10. I penned a list of my Top 10 of Senior Year, which you can check out right here! Please check it out, and do yourself a favor and peruse Ms. Fiebert's blog because it's pretty great. A huge thanks to her for featuring me!

No comments:

Post a Comment